Thursday, August 16, 2012

Salt Lake City

After my stop in Wyoming, I had a very long drive to see my friend Katie in Salt Lake City.  It was a long, but really pretty drive!  First, there was an area called Devil's Tower, near my hotel. Because I had a long drive, I left really early, and the gate to the park wasn't open for me to get closer to it, so I just took a couple of far away shots...
And some other shots from the early parts of the drive...



Towards the end of my drive in Wyoming, I hit a strange rain storm.  The rain came down so hard, I couldn't see through the windshield! It was terrifying, and I went from driving 75mph to driving 40 mph with my hazard lights on. Thankfully, these little bursts of rain lasted only a minute or two each time, and for about a half hour.  I could see lightening to the east of me, but couldn't ever anticipate these freak showers. The rain was great for getting some of my insect roadkill off the car!!

These crazy, amazing pictures that I somehow snapped, while driving, with my phone, are from the "descent" down in to Salt Lake City!







I realize that these photos do not do it justice.  If you ever have the chance to drive through Wyoming and into Utah, do it! It's amazing!  When I arrived in Salt Lake City, I was greeted by Katie, who lives in a cute little farmhouse just outside of SLC. We went out for a great Indian food dinner, then chatted about everything and anything until we were both nodding off.  Overall, it was tons of fun!

Nezt up - San Francisco/Alameda, CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment