Thursday, August 16, 2012

Alameda & San Francisco


There are those people in life who you wish you talked to more and saw more, but for some reason it just doesn't happen - but then when you see them, you can pick up right where you left off.  That's how I feel with Erinn. She's an amazing, wonderful person with an awesome other half (Justin) and two fantastic little kids!  Meet Anya and Ryker!



I felt so amazing welcomed to their home! Saturday night, we went out for a delicious sushi dinner - the first fish I've had since January, since going primarily vegan! It was so funny to see little Anya with her I LOVE SUSHI bib, munching away on sushi and sashimi, and sipping miso soup from a sippy cup! I love children who are so excited to eat a variety of foods!

Saturday, Justin made an amazing breakfast of yogurt, granola, and the most delicious fresh peaches and strawberries from the farmer's market. I had introduced Anya to my stash of shredded coconut, which she quickly became a fan of, so that was added in as well.

After breakfast, Justin took me on my very first motorcycle ride! It was so much fun! I loved it - and the view was stunning! The view is from the Oakland Hills, I believe overlooking Oakland and possibly San Francisco in the distance (I'm not 100% sure as California geography isn't my forte!

After the motorcycle ride and more amazing food (grilled veggie burrito, one of my favorite foods ever!), Erinn, Ryker and I went to San Francicso to do some touristy stuff.  First stop: a required photo by the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was pretty chilly (50s-60s) so I'm wearing my fleece, which I now realize adds quite a bit of bulk to me!
After the Bridge, we went in and around Fisherman's Pier, and one of the things we saw was "Musee Mechanique." It was a great little stop with all kinds of old "game" machines. There were fortune tellers, dioramas that came to life, and tons more.

One quick side note... I didn't think that the views driving into Salt Lake City could be matched by any others - however, driving from Reno, NV to Sacramento, CA blew my mind! If I wasn't scared of flying off the side of the road, there would be pictures of it. Not only was the drive like a crazy roller coaster, but the views and vistas were breath-taking.

And then, on to see Escondido, CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment