Thursday, August 16, 2012

Maya!

Escondido (north of San Diego) was another stop that I've been really looking foward to.  Honestly, I was looking forward to seeing everyone on my journey, but I was so excited to meet my new(ish), second cousin, Maya! (Her mom is my cousin... that makes her my second cousin... right?)


Aquarium + Beach = one tired baby.
Maya is a sweet, crazy, smart little almost 2-year old with nearly boundless energy! We spent the day at the aquarium and the ocean, and she smiled, laughed and chatted her way though the day. 

We took her to a small aquarium that had tons of tanks for us to observe, and a huge touch-style tank outside. It was such a great time that the main reason we left was simply because we were starving and needed some lunch! After lunch, the hostess at the restaurant gave Maya a balloon, which promptly popped as she was being loaded into her car seat.  At first, she simply asked "Where blue balloon go?" or "I sorry Mommy...balloon." She was so sweet, and so concerned about this balloon that it apparently carried over into her daycare today!! 


I believe this is La Jolla...

No comments:

Post a Comment