Saturday, May 19, 2012

What feels like my semi-annual update

I'm alive!  Sorry for the delay - it has been a little nuts around here.
 
I just started my third semester of my BSN/MSN program, and I'm still totally loving it! Admittedly, I've never studied so much in my life, but I find everything (well, almost everything) really interesting, so it hasn't been too bad.  This semester, I have pediatrics the first half, maternity the second half, and geriatrics throughout.  Corresponding to the pediatrics and maternity classes, I have 12 hour clinicals! Exhausting, but I think it should be great!  It will be very interesting trying to figure out if pediatrics is my truly what I want to do, or if I want to look at other avenues.

As of August 2, I'll officially be done with the semester, and I have a whole month off! Because I went a little stir crazy with all of my free time during winter break, I knew I needed to have a plan to stay busy.  After talking it over with Chris, I decided to do a solo-road trip across the country!  My plan is to leave sometime between August 4-5, or maybe after the weekend is over.  I'll drive a big loop hitting Chicago, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, San Diego, Phoenix, Alamagordo (NM), Bella Vista (AR), and some points in between there and home!  I'm pretty psyched about it.  If I can, I'll try to take photos and tell my adventures here!

That's all for now! Making some dinner... black bean burgers with broccoli on the side. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment