Sunday, June 12, 2011

Little victories...

I'm always packing up my lunch before bed, or in a rush before work, and I'm always trying to figure out how to get more protein into my lunch.  One of the things I always think "I wish I had" is hard boiled eggs.  They're packed full of protein and nutrients, and fat, which helps keep me full.  And since my lunches are generally very veggie-packed, a little fat doesn't hurt.  (And besides, I see the occasional egg as somewhat healthy fat, as it is completely natural and not a man-made fat like in processed foods.) 

So today, I took the rest of our eggs (9) and made hard boiled eggs. And they turned out perfect.  Here's how I did it.

1. Put eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.
2. Cover with lid, turn gas on high.
3. Bring to rolling boil.
4. Once boiling, turn heat off immediately and cover.
5. Keep covered 12 minutes.
6. Drain water and rinse 2-3 times with cold water.
7. Refrigerate.

To eat, peel and enjoy with a big blob of classic yellow mustard. Yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment